Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

It's been how long since my last blog post?!

Two weeks? Sheesh. Sorry!

The odd thing is that I actually start Christmas shopping in August and try and get most, if not all, of it finished by Thanksgiving. The theory behind this is that by December, I'll be able to relax and enjoy the month as opposed to running around the stores and internet like the majority of frantic holiday shoppers. Of course, my theory was established before my kids started having lives of their own. Now with band, track and boy scouts on top of regular work and school functions, I find that my December is just as busy without the shopping.

Last weekend was the first time this month I've had the opportunity to do some baking. I made sandtarts and sugar cookies with my sons. Sean helped me with the first batch of truffles, but quickly bailed when he realized how time-consuming they are to make. That didn't stop either of them from adding to their list of people for gift boxes though. Jess and Sean combined only need 7 boxes/tins of goodies to give to teachers, coaches, bus drivers, etc. Richard can't just pick a favorite teacher or two. He needs to give them to all of his teachers. And since he's now in middle school with a different teacher for each subject, that means he needs 7 boxes/tins for gifts. Oh joy!

I've got to keep an eye on my truffle count though, as Jess has been known to sneak into the kitchen and snag one from the fridge. She's also been hovering over me the past two days asking when I'm going to make the breads. She loves the white chocolate raspberry mini-bread loaves I make. She doens't seem to hear the part of my reply that includes "they're for the gift boxes."

I don't mind. All of this is what makes holiday memories.

No comments: