Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Thursday, November 5, 2009

The snake loves me!

Now, for the continuing saga of Sean and the classroom pets...

I picked Sean up from school yesterday afternoon and his mouth went a mile-a-minute about his day. When it finally slowed down to a normal pace, he proudly announced, "Saturn wrapped completely around my body today and squeezed me, gently."
"Really? Isn't Saturn a boa constrictor?"

"Yeah."

...."um...honey...boa constrictors squeeze you because they think you're food, not because they want to hug you."

"No, mom, she squeezes Mrs. B all the time. That's how she hugs you."

Grumbles to self, "and how they eat you."

No comments: