Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Worldcon countdown

Leaving in 10 days for Worldcon. While I'm a bit excited about the event itself, I'm actually more excited just to get away for awhile.

I was planning on heading to the beach yesterday, but it rained most of the day. However, later in the afternoon I looked behind my house and saw a double rainbow! More than made up for the lack of beach time!

The upstairs A/C unit decided to stop working on saturday. Sunday was the worst with upstairs temps in the mid 80's. Fortunately there are ceiling fans in each upstairs room, so that helped quite a bit while sleeping. I'm rather peaved, though, as I just had to replace the coils on each unit about 2 months ago. With any luck, this will be a quick (and cheap) fix!

No comments: