Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last day of school

It's the last day of school, which means an end to the rather hectic schedule the past two weeks (banquets, awards cereomonies, talent shows, parties, end of year gifts). It also means that this weekend my kids go back to their father's for his two weeks of custody. Yes, this has been our schedule for 6 months now, but this time is different.

During school weeks, I pick them up after school every day and keep them home with me as I've always done with them (one of the perks of working out of your house). About two months ago, we decided that Jess (being 16) could simply go straight to his house after school and stay till he gets home from work. We agreed that the boys were too young to be home alone for 3 hours every afternoon.

This will be the first time since the divorce that I won't see them while they are at his house.

My house is a 30 minute drive to their school, each direction. Then I drive to meet Rich to 'swap' the kids during his weeks.

The driving won't be missed, but the kids will.

No comments: