Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Friday, June 12, 2009

Back yard neighbors

My house sits on a cul-de-sac and backs to a small retention pond. On the other side of the pond the land is split by conservation on the left and houses on the right. I took these pics of my backyard neighbors a few weeks ago. Forgot to post them until I heard a sandhill crane out back just now. I love their calls.

Anyway, here are a few of the creatures living in my back yard -- okay they live in the pond behind my back yard, but you know what I mean.




I took the pic through my office window, so it isn't the best. But when he stuck out his neck like that I couldn't resist grabbing my camera.



In this pic our gater is sunning himself across the pond from my kitchen window. About three days later, I looked out and saw him sunning my yard. Pretty cool!

We also have a very fast and active otter, but everytime I try and get a picture, the little guy darts and dives. Never knew those things could move so fast. Of course, I guess you have to when you share a pond with a gater.

No comments: