Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Friday, May 8, 2009

Upcoming Mother's Day

Several times this week my kids have asked "when is Mother's day?" I told them, but said nothing else. This will be the first mother's day since the divorce. I'm curious to see if any of them take any initiative whatsoever to do something special for me without their father's prodding.

Not one of them has asked me what I wanted or if I could take them somewhere to shop. Honestly, I really don't want them to buy me anything. There's nothing I need from a store. The only gifts I ever ask for, much to their frustration, is one day without bickering and fighting, and where you clean up after yourselves whenever you finish with something.

I think those are pretty basic, easy to accomplish tasks...but my children find them far too difficult and prefer to buy objects instead. We'll see what, if anything, happens this year.

No comments: