Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Monday, May 11, 2009

Truffles!

Here are some pics of the truffles I made over the weekend. They came out pretty nicely, if I do say so myself. I made three different flavors: plain (white drizzle), raspberry (pink drizzle) and orange (orange zest). I usually make a peppermint flavor with white chocolate and topped with crushed peppermints, but I didn't have any mints at home so I dropped those.

As much as my shoulders and upper back ache after making these, I really do enjoy it. There's something about making the individual balls and dipping them in the chocolate. Drizzles are fun to do, but boy are they harder than they look! These would have looked better had I used my ceramic drizzler (not sure the real name, but that's what I call it.) Problem is I couldn't find it. I'm sure it's unpacked somewhere, but I haven't seen it since the move. I had to make do with a teaspoon doing these, hence some of the thicker drizzles. They'll still taste good though!







No comments: