Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Saturday, May 2, 2009

critters

I joined critters last weekend and I'm rather excited about it. For those who don't know, critters is an on-line critique group for serious writers. There is no fee to join/participate. You simply commit to critiquing at least one piece per week, with a minimum of 500 words/critique. Each critique you provide gives you credit. You submit your piece to be critiqued and it goes into the queue. If you stop critiquing or don't meet your minimum number of critiques, your piece gets pushed to the bottom of the queue. I think that sounds fair to me.

I think critiquing is so incredibly useful when it comes to building your writing skills. I know I've learned a lot about myself and my weaknesses by reading and critiquing other's works.

No comments: