Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Thursday, May 14, 2009

And the rains came

Well it finally rained yesterday. It had been so unbelievably dry for the past month or more (I've honestly lost count). We got a good 2 hours or more of rain last night.

The pond behind my house no longer looks forlorn. Water covers the dry sand that ringed it, stretching up to meet the grass that dons a brighter shade of green. The air smells fresh and clean and I just want to stand out back and breathe deeply.

Another month or two like this and maybe the water level will start getting back to normal.

No comments: