Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Sunday, May 31, 2009

4 weeks of rain + 4 weeks of not mowing = 4 callouses

Spent yesterday doing some shopping in the morning. In the afternoon I mowed the lawn that hasn't been mowed in about 4 weeks, but had 4 weeks worth of rain. 

I could almost wade through some of the grass in back. 

I bought a push lawnmower when I moved to this house for three reasons: it's cheaper than a riding lawn mower; it doesn't take up as much space in my garage as a riding lawn mower; and it's better exercise than a riding lawn mower. 

I don't regret my decision, but my hands are still angry at me this morning. 

It took about two hours of constant mowing. I had to add gas twice. By the time I finshed my palms were pink and tender and sporting multiple callouses. 


No comments: