Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Very Long Delay in Posting

Well, work has double, triple, quadrupled...or at least it feels like it. It's been over 2 months since my last post. I've only written 2 more chapters in that time frame. I've also been house hunting. In fact, I just signed a contract on a house I've been watching for awhile now. I'm really excited. Of course, that means my posts will be just as sparse over the next two months as I try and balance work, kids, moving, holidays, oh and writing. If the schedule goes as planned, though, I'll be completely moved in over Christmas. So January should see a more regular routine...yeah right.

I'm attending the Florida Writers Conference in Orlando next month. This will be my very first writing conference! I'm not ready for the one-on-one sessions yet, but several of the seminars and instructional sessions look interesting. Plus there are two agents attending whose blogs I read. So now I'll get to meet them in person, which is pretty cool.

Next year I have my eye on a few more conferences. Of course, all require plane trips, so we'll see how the finances are looking then, but my goal by next summer is to be ready to
start pitching my first novel. We'll see how that works out!

No comments: