Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Novel and Big Bucks

Wow. It's almost like Christopher Paolini all over again. I just read a story about The Lace Reader. The author is a first time author. She and her husband self-published the book. It did so well, it caught the interest of a publishing company who bought the book for $2 million. Did I mention: WOW? Really big WOW!!

Here's the full article in the Boston Globe.

aahhh...if only...

No comments: