Welcome to my blog!

I'm a divorced mom with a teenage daughter and two pre-teen sons. Writing is my first love. When I'm not writing or working or playing taxi to the kids, I also toy with photography and baking.

So, basically, my camera rarely sees the light of day and my mixer stands in the corner in permanent time-out.

To see some samples of my writing, you can check out my website: www.csrickard.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

Quick Note

I'm swamped at work this week. In fact, I'll be busy for the next month or two, which is great as work has been quite slow this year. Of course, the downside is that I now need to focus on work and can't squeeze in time for my writing during the day.

I'm having a hard time concentrating on work today though. I'm stuck manually cleaning up some client data. It's messed up to the point of being unable to program anything to automatically clean it. This is almost on par with water torture...slow, unending, agonizingly mundane and mindless work.

My book keeps popping into my mind, along with the blog. Okay, I admit, pretty much everything except this data set keeps popping into my mind. So I'm allowing myself one quick post, then it's back to the torture...er...the clean up.

With any luck, tonight the kids will cooperate and I'll be able to finish the chapter I'm working on. There are probably only about 3-4 pages left to write. Can't wait!

No comments: